06 February 2019

Requested word of the week: Seek

Seek

So this is fun, I had a friend request a word of the week.  She said, "Could you write on the word 'seek'?"  Sure! I'm happy to give it a go.  

"Seek and you will find" is the phrase blaring loud in my mind (blaring like a shofar.  just kidding.  blaring like music coming from a car riding the strip at Panama City Beach.)

SEEK and you will find.
Seek AND you will find.
Seek and YOU will find.
Seek and you WILL find.
Seek and you will FIND.

(that's a fun little game I play if I want to try to look at a verse from some different angles)

What is it that you're looking for?  

The Word (He is the Word!) tells us to look for it and it will be found.  There's another verse that talks about "seeking with a whole heart" -- seek with all of your being, all of your efforts, all of your energy...the promise is that you will find what you're looking for.  And a promise is a promise.    
I have a philosophy (I have lots of philosophies):  if something is lost/missing, start cleaning up and it will show up.  I don't think that philosophy has let me down yet.  It's what helps when shoes are missing...or my not-always-with-me-not-sure-where-I-put-it cell phone. Just start putting stuff where it belong and eventually you'll come across the thing that's missing.  Two things happen in the process - order is restored (to me, that's always a good thing) and the item is eventually found.  If you've cleaned up EVERYTHING and it's still missing, it's just not there (so then you get to start cleaning up other stuff...your car...your office...the whole world...)(because maybe just maybe your mama took it to goodwill when you weren't paying attention and it's something that doesn't need to be found)(speaking for a friend)(or myself)(you choose).  

I wonder if the same principle is true in our spiritual life.  If something is missing, start cleaning up (not that we have to be clean to be with God!) - if you're looking for patience, start cleaning up the impatience.  If you're looking for wisdom, start cleaning out the junk that is the opposite of wisdom.  I don't know...I've never really thought about it this way.  

Time's up.  This has given me things to think about...and I"m thankful for that.  

Sorry, not sorry, for all of the parentheses.  I tend to write how I talk...and that just happens to include lots of parenthetical expressions.  :)