01 February 2019

5 minutes on the word of the week: Resolve

Resolve

Song lyrics and Bible verses...that's nearly always what pops into my mind first when I first read the word of the week.  Then I think about the definition of the word...then I work it into how it fits into my relationship with God (which sometimes all sounds the same to me).  I don't mean for it to lean towards that process, it just does.  But I want to keep writing...so here goes.  

I am resolved no longer to linger... That's the hymn that came to mind today.  I am resolved...what am I resolved to do? First, let me check the definition.  
re·solve
/rəˈzälv/
verb1. settle or find a solution to (a problem, dispute, or contentious matter).
"the firm aims to resolve problems within 30 days"
2. decide firmly on a course of action.
"she resolved to call Dana as soon as she got home"
My mind definitely goes towards the second definition prior to the first.  Not for a second did I think about resolve as in "resolve a problem or conflict."  With that in mind, I will say that I would love for whatever is going on in LJ's body to be resolved (he's been sick for a week now, with multiple ER trips and a plastic couch in a hospital room on which I am sitting as I type) - may this come to resolution. May a solution be found.  A sentence for the defintion: "The doctor (and nurses and loved ones and friends) aims to resolve LJ's sickness ASAP." 

My resolve is to stick with him.  To keep caring as best I can.  To see this through.  To see him through.  To lean on Jesus and Trust in Him every step of the way.   

(I am also resolved to finish our 2017 Family Photo Book...and this couch is proving to be a good place to work on it.)