23 February 2019

5 minutes on the word of the week: Complete

Complete
I don't know if any males read my blog other than Nick...but heads up, this may have a little more female-ish information than you'd like to read on a Sunday afternoon or Tuesday morning or whenever you happen to be reading this.  

Complete.  This may not even be the case but isn't "complete" the word that is used when one is in the process of giving birth and all of the parts have done their dilating and that baby is ready to make his/her appearance?  I'm not an expert in this area...I never got to hear complete used in that context (and that's A-0K with me!  I'm grateful for the c-sections that brought our babies into the world - even Zoe!)(And I didn't have to get to "complete" to deliver precious Andrew)(He would have been 11 today.  Wow.) 

And this verse comes to mind: James 1 :4 "Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  (the verses before that talk about considering it joy when you face challenges because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance)

Not lacking anything.  I like the sound of that. 

"It is finished" is the other phrase that comes to mind with the word complete.  What God did through Jesus on the cross is complete - total - lacking nothing - so that all of my sins can be COMPLETELY forgiven.  I can walk in complete wholeness and freedom because of the complete sacrifice of God and His son. 

Complete. Finished. Lacking nothing. 

And it's satisfactorily ironic that this blog post feels absolutely incomplete.