25 January 2012

ccc prayer week - wednesday night's thoughts

scripture: Genesis 1:26, Genesis 2:18, 1 John 4:7-12, Deuteronomy 6:4-9

words for the youth (and really for all of us - but especially for the youth) -- "I am a God of Truth - listen to ME as I tell you who you are. The world's voice is loud - mine can be louder if you'll tune your ear to hear it. Your true identity is in ME - and is SECURE in me...nothing can separate you from My love - no dumb decision or fad...no rebellion or disobedience. I LOVE YOU - I am for you - I am the ONLY One who will not let you down."

deuteronomy 6:6 (ish)(i can never quite tell with the message)(talking about the commands of God) "...get them inside of you and then get them inside your children..."
james 3:13 (ish) "...it's the way you live, not the way you talk that counts..."

the word CONSUME was a part of my time with God tonite...felt like He was saying that He wants to CONSUME us - every part of us...our lives, our hearts, our minds....and as i thought about the word "consume" it very much ties into "dying to self" -- when things are consumed they no longer exist...

one other thing that i feel like God shared with me ties into something that was said earlier this week about encouraging one another..."a primary way of loving one another is encouraging one another - the words we say to one another and about one another are life bringing of death bringing - causing life and health and growth...or contributing to breakdown and darkness. James 3:10 (ish) "with our tongues we bless God. with the same tongues we curse men and women He made in His image...this can't go on!."