24 January 2012

ccc prayer week - tuesday night's thoughts

tonite's verses: matthew 16:13-18 (same as last night!) and matthew 11:28-30

as we transitioned from worship to listening i simply wrote down something that keith prayed "...expecting to hear." i was praying about that and asking God to speak...and telling Him that we were waiting in expectation to receive the gifts that He has for us....immediately all of this started coming - i could hardly write fast enough...(got the impression it was for all of us...not just me!)

"...and I do have gifts for you...yours for the taking - just receive them! there's no need to "pay" me anything or feel that you owe me in any way for these gifts. what do I want from you in return? I simply want you to enjoy the gifts -- enjoy me! enjoy the time you get to spend with Me...it's not My desire that your time with Me be dull or boring...I intend just the opposite -- excitement at every turn - discover what "exciting with Me" is to you! ...I give Truth that cannot be explained by man - that's exciting! Security like nothing this world can offer - that's exciting! ...so many exciting gifts that may not seem so exciting...but My gifts are more than the best Christmas morning can hope to offer...better than the most extravagant of birthday celebrations. this is all certainly something that I must reveal to you - and I WANT to reveal it to you...but you've got to give Me your eyes - you've got to let Me transform your vision - to see things like I do (that's a gift! receive it!)....some of the gifts I have for you: freedom!!! knowing/identity (you knowing Me, Me fully knowing you), peace, joy, security...the gifts you need most -- but think are intangible and un-gettable...you can't often see them so you don't fully live in them. please don't forget to receive the gifts - the priceless treasure gifts!! gifts that are better than anything this world can offer."

after a friend mentioned that Jesus' action verb in Matthew 11 was "give" i thought God was going to ask me to share all of that with "the group"...and then 2 other ladies aluded to receiving as they shared....but i never felt like i "had" to share (and that's about the only way i'll voluntarily take the mic -- if i feel like God really wants me to share!! i like "anonymous"/the "safety" of sharing through this blog so much better than attention).

the other thing that I feel like God was highlighting was the fact that if we are to "come to Him" it's going to be an intentional move towards Him...a purposeful step OUT of/away from me/my life....a purposeful step towards Him. The "rest" isn't going to be able to settle on us if we continue at our frantic/frenzied pace...(got the picture of a butterfly...it doesn't "light" on fast moving people...only people/objects willing to be still!!)

He's got such good gifts...may we receive them...and even more importantly, receive Him!