09 August 2011

thankful thursday, 5 days late or 2 days early (you choose!)

  • Getting caught in the rain last night while running with mary…that lightning was quite close...
  • The way God answers prayer…I asked him to provide us with good neighbors to move in after our friends the shippeys moved out of the house behind ours-- i was just thinking that I’d love some folks who aren’t scary and who I don’t feel like are spying on us…and who aren’t going to steal my children if they are out in the backyard playing -- and what does He do? He makes it possible for some of our very best friends to move in….they aren’t scary at all!!!! I’m so excited about the community we are going to share as neighbors…excited for the ideas God’s going to give us for blessing our neighborhood and loving on children together.
  • “open house” at the Cash Academy for Gifted Youngsters
  • Cinnamon rolls and coffee
  • When the news came on the radio the other morning eli said “I don’t care for these adult jokes.”
  • Eli, our chicken farmer (yesterday: “I got up at 5:50 and gathered the eggs.”
  • SEEING BEAN THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that girl.
  • Emma & Caroline and the box top races
  • I finally ordered what I was trying to order from ebay (my past experience has been to order what I think I want…but when it arrives I realize that I ordered the wrong thing….).
  • Long sleeve t-shirts
  • Free movies from the library (free everything – unless you turn it in late – from the library!)
  • Mrs. Lynn at the library…what a blessing she is. What a ministry she has.
  • cheetos and cherry coke - little bit of alliteration AND the breakfast of champions all rolled into one.