15 July 2011

thankful thursday, a day late

  • Our chickens are producing eggs!
  • That the word “ugly” written on my mirror has nothing to do with my appearance and has no effect (affect? i'll be confident in my use of these 2 words one day...i have a study guide now thanks to my other post) on my self-esteem…but has everything to do with the yummy delicious treat with that name that was waiting for me in the microwave .
  • Amazing week for my kids at Wynnton’s VBS. Bamboo thank you!
  • That “however ordinary or ‘out of it’ or useless I feel, God sees me as irreplaceable to the full telling of His story. We count – every last one of us – and what we do counts." (from the introduction to the book of Ruth in the Message Bible)
  • Thinking about this coming school year
  • Date night – late night pizza at carraba’s, walking around a closed and empty shopping center, fantastic conversations'
  • Got to attend the screening of “Courageous (mark your calendar for Sept 30 – that’s when it opens)...i highly recommend it for moms and dads and other adults...but not so much for young kids...it was quite intense at times)
  • The courageous hearts in my life…especially thinking of the edfeldts & their dealings with hearts.
  • Sitting on the floor of our kitchen eating popsicles and having a worship service with 6 of my favorite kiddos during the siren worthy thunderstorm.
  • When things are straight (or freshly organized)
  • Rainy days. I like ‘em.