20 July 2011

the fabulous & the not so fabulous

Not so fabulous things that happened today:
  • Not getting to bring home our son/little brother
  • Eli’s sadness – his heart is so tender and his disappointment was significant.
  • No mail. None.
  • Broken bouncy ball jar – the big one.
  • Broken blue ramekin.
  • Broken coffee mug (so sorry miss mary)
(lots of broken things today)

Fabulous things that happened (with just a few “not so good parts” slid in there):
  • Special delivery of all things “baby necessary” first thing this morning - diapers, wipes, gas drops, diaper cream, formula, bottles, bottle brush, bibs, onesies, blankets (i am amazed by the thoughtfulness and generosity of a beautiful lady). (Not so good part: we’ll be returning those things…except for the couple of things I had already opened and packed into the make-shift diaper bag that was going with me)
  • Pandamania music. Wow it has blessed me today…and having children worship to it has blessed me as well. (come over and listen to it with me – it’ll be in the cd player for a while….and it’s got great drum rhythms! “He’s wild…He’s wild…God is wild about us! It’s so amazing to think about God’s love. The God of creation is looking out for us. He knows us. He hears us. God is right here with us. God is great. He-is-awe-some.” And that’s just one of the songs!)
  • Friendship. Real – honest – God sent – available – willing –awesome – amazing friendship.
  • Calls, texts, messages, wall posts, notes…prayers, tears, hugs…the body of Christ is so very beautiful.
  • Crave. The main thing that has made me cry today is the goodness and faithfulness of God. His love is overwhelming.
  • The words He spoke to me during crave…absolutely priceless.
  • Cherry coke comfort drink.
  • Finding emma’s bebe in the prayer room (the not so good part: it’s been missing since Sunday evening) (javier got to hear my joyful “wahoo” when I found it!) (bebe makes naps and bedtime so much sweeter…significantly less crying...pretty much none. Hallelujah.)
  • Picnic lunch in the living room.
  • The rain that was gently falling during 2 significant phone conversations today – “ let it rain!!!” God, you're so kind to me.
  • Getting to talk to nick (the not so good part: all of the tries it took on his part and mine before we actually connected!)
  • 2 words: cappuccino blast (that was today’s surprise from nick….lined up before he left…I still need to blog about the rest of his gifts to me this week!!) yummy deliciousness in a cup.
  • Sweet conversation with kaci (we should do that more often!!)
  • The “super spy club” and their newest discovery of using the baby moniters to “listen in” on conversations…
  • “Foxy green” chacos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Delivered by 2 of my favorite folks. chacos are the #1 thing I’ve had on my “want” list…actually, I think it was the only thing. (well, I think “having the kitchen stools repainted” is on my want list as well….and a new electric pencil sharpener was on the list…but I discovered a whole little bucketful of the little manual ones that work beautifully! I can take that off the list!)
  • Seeing a certain little ring on a certain little finger.
  • Calls, texts, messages, wall posts, notes…prayers, tears, hugs…the body of Christ is so very beautiful.
  • I USED THOSE BLESS-ED MONKEY JOE’S COUPONS (groupon purchase that expired today!)
  • I had fabulous company at previously mentioned entertainment center…and the kids had fun!
  • Dinner with granddaddy at country’s (not so good part: emma drinks too much coke…it was watered down…but still….what am i thinking? well, i'll tell you what i'm thinking - at that moment i would rather have her drinking coke than screaming.)
  • clean kiddos
  • the playlist God put together for me while I ran (especially "my heart is yours" and tim hugh's "everything")
  • Having a husband who faithfully takes the trashcan to the street without having to be reminded (the not so good part: when he's out of town the night before trash day...then i get to do it...and it doesn't have wheels...and it's trash-y)(but isn't it amazing that a truck comes around and picks up our trash!?! i mean, when you really think about it, that's pretty cool!)
  • “I’ll give you a dollar if you’re asleep by the time I get back from running.” (a $1 for extra sleep for exhausted kiddos is a dollar well spent…yes, I bribe my children from time to time…and I’m ok with that despite the book that said “never bribe your children.”) now I owe 2 certain kiddos $1 each.
  • Calls, texts, messages, wall posts, notes…prayers, tears, hugs…the body of Christ is so very beautiful.
It’s been a good day. Not at all what I expected when I woke up this morning…but a good day. Thank you, God, for all the fabulous things…and thank You for the not so fabulous. My heart is Yours…thank You for taking such good care of it and of me.