18 July 2011

my MOST favorite blog - THIS WEEK.

This is the link to my MOST FAVORITE blog this week:

http://www.ccccostarica2011.blogspot.com/

i'm not sure which of the Sheek girls is keeping this blog...but i'm thankful! this is a first for me...usually when nick is gone i don't really hear from him/know what's going on. we have a (terrific!) mutual understanding that it's really ok (and best!) for him to be fully present where he is. there's no need for him to try to find an internet cafe' or borrow a computer...no need to call or send emails. if any of those things happen to happen, wonderful! if not, that's ok! i KNOW that he loves me and misses me and can't wait to see me...but it's just not necessary to have contact (i know that if anything crazy happens i'll find out soon enough!). SOOOO it's been super fun and exciting to get to check this blog each day and see some pictures.

i especially like the picture of nick eating while will intently looks on. it's very flattering. what i really like about that picture is that his shoes are off and his jeans are rolled up. and i love love love seeing mi amiga lauren in one of the pictures!!! yes, pieces of my heart are certainly in costa rica this week.

so far our week has gone well...time with the kiddos has been quite enjoyable for the most part! AND nick has managed to love me and bless me daily (thanks for his magnificent thoughtfulness and organizational/pre-planning skillz) - maybe i'll blog about that later this week. one thing i will say now...this world would be such a better/sweeter/more awesome place if more women were loved by their husbands like i am loved by mine. i sure hope that comes out in the way it's supposed to -- from a heart overflowing with humble gratefulness....i don't understand why he loves me...i don't understand why i get to be so blessed and taken care of...i don't understand why i get to live in such security in my marriage -- it doesn't make sense why so much good has been heaped upon my head when so many live in circumstances that are quite contrary to mine....nick is not perfect - he needs God's grace as much as anyone....but i do believe that nick loves me as God intends for a husband to love his wife. and i am so very thankful. thanks be to God for His indescribable gift.