06 November 2014

so much.

  • Ultimate Frisbee & pizza in honor of the birthday
  • Got to try the coconut water
  • Cold coke in a bottle on the beach 
  • Spontaneous party games (that were really fun!)
  • Battleship by candlelight

  • Time with just emma & nick
  • Siting on the dock in the shade
  • Fresh flowers from a lovely lady

  • Steph’s willingness to take emma to paint her toes (i do believe she saved my sanity)
  • Fun gifts from molly – pumpkin spice coffee included!
  • Successful talk/sharing
  • “that was just what I needed to hear.”
  • Little whiteboard project

  • More of shea’s chocolate cake
  • Eli is feeling better
  • Caroline’s concern for eli when he was sick
  • Lovely birthday gifts from nick and the kids
  • An article shared at just the right time
  • Mini crunchie bars from mighty
  • Krissy’s willingness to sit on the steps with me
  • Shea’s faithful friendship and morning runs
  • Cupcakes with chaplaincy

  • Screening is happening!
  • Nick’s thoughtful and incredible ways of celebrating me and my birthday (including, but not limited to, fruit snacks, nametags, dinner….)
  • A friend who knows me – knows what I like and don’t, blesses me with an omelette and a fresh journal with such special touches, puts up a sign in the hallway that enables others to bless me with encouraging words...a friend who loves me so well. 

  • “best birthday yet”
  • encouraging words/cards - from here and there and everywhere. 
  • “Mansfield” ended sweetly
  • watching day crew show up – and being greeted with smiles and cups of cool water
  • the fun kids can have with cardboard boxes
  • a sweet little girl who took a nap in a cardboard box

  • so.much.birthday.love (it needs a blog all of its own)
  • dinner with nick at “the banana place” – including dessert with a flare