14 November 2014

5 minutes on the word of the week: anticipation

anticipation
I hope there weren’t many waiting in great anticipation for the word of the week post last week – because I obviously didn’t come through for you.  (and at times today I’ve wondered if anything was going to get written this time around either!!  But now I’m determined…and am going to write last week’s AND this week’s!)(are you anticipating what this week’s word might be?  Spoiler alert: it’s “reliable”).

I have kind of been anticipating writing about anticipation all week…but I never felt like I had much to say about it.  I think I kept anticipating that a great thought would find its way into my brain….but, alas, nothing….there are 2 things I keep coming back to though: 1) the anticipation of our upcoming trip to the states and 2)the idea that the best defenders in basketball or ultimate Frisbee (or any other sport where interceptions are involved) are the ones that can anticipate the pass – and get in the way of it or catch it/knock it down or can anticipate the next move of the offense and guard against it.    


But then I don’t have any further thoughts…and my 5 minutes is pretty much up….and I really don’t want to post this…but I want to keep with the “word of the week” practice.  And just have to come to terms with sometimes I don’t have anything that amounts to much to say on a particular subject…and that’s ok...