21 November 2014

5 minutes on the word of the week: wow

wow
Word of the week = wow.  See what she did there? (just so you know, that is NOT part of my 5 minutes...hence the italics.)

Sometimes I see or hear things that make me go “wow” – and not “wow” in a good way.  It’s like “Wow…I can’t believe she just said that.” Or “Wow…that’s quite the shirt he’s wearing.”  Sometimes there’s even a wide-eyed, jaw slightly dropped “Wow…we’re really different in the way we think about that.” 

And then sometimes I see or hear things that make me go “wow” – and my heart feels more fully alive and my breath catches a bit in my chest.  “Wow…look at that sunset.”  Or “Wow! That was such an amazingly kind thing you did in splitting that last piece of gum with your sister.”  And every now and then there’s even a wide-eyed, heading nodding, mouth smiling “Wow.  That’s really incredible.”

Things that most commonly make me go “wow” in the good way:
  • Hearing someone share about what God is doing in their life.
  • The fact that I’m married to Nick.
  • Getting to see miracles of hope and healing on a regular basis.


And tonite my “wow” has to do with this crazy idea that we’re saying a whole lot of good-byes tomorrow to people we love and who love us, getting on a bus to ride to Tana to then get on a plane that will take us to Paris and then we'll get on another plane that will take us on to Atlanta…and when we get to Atlanta there will be people who we love and who love us waiting to welcome us.  Leaving love to get to love…wow.  Just wow.