27 January 2022

savoring the small (and large!) joys

  • "I am Your beloved...the one the Father loves...the One who knows me best is the One who loves me most."  SUCH a good song from the Heslers. I highly HIGHLY recommend that you listen to it!!
  • getting to turn right on Manchester
  • full and rich Sunday...and how everything worked out beautifully - especially timing
  • seeing (and smelling ;)) and getting to be with Dee Dee 
  • yummy cake and tasty meatballs
  • button prompted prayers for my girl Boots 
  • Redeeeming Love with Yaya and Ella 
  • realizing nick's popcorn at home is just as good as movie popcorn (and probably even tastes better because it costs a bazillion times less and I can eat it in my pajamas)
  • getting things back to the people they belong to (just feels right!)
  • "there's joy in the house of the Lord." (the song. the truth. the singing of it at CityScape)
  • "you are the shepherd and overseer of our souls." - 1 Peter 2:25
  • these words given to me on a card by a friend on JUST THE DAY I was contemplating Him being the shepherd and overseer of our souls: 
  • "blessed assurance Jesus is mine....I in my savior am happy and blessed."
  • incredible weekend at Young Life's Sharptop Cove for Eli and Caroline
  • fun night and morning for Zoe and Emma at Yaya's
  • fun night and morning for me while Zoe and Emma were at Yaya's and Eli and Caroline were at YL camp
  • cheddar bay biscuits
  • sleeping until 11
  • lovely things from the lovely Mary Grace 
  • having a knife when there were no scissors available
  • kids' pita bowls with Amanda
  • airbnb guests who respond graciously to things that are beyond my control
  • table full of teenagers Tuesday night (and I didn't ruin the hamburgers!!)
  • borrowed books, fascinating stories
  • treats from shea (and my fabulous unboxing video!)
  • ridiculous amounts of generosity from 'chelle.  seriously. wow.  
  • it was just a dead battery!!! (some folks in the CFA drive through got to see me do quite the happy dance in the parking lot)
  • a teenager who wakes me up to talk (I would lose sleep for that reason any night!)(though I must admit I'm thankful it doesn't happen every night)
  • talking to lane Friday night...and to my dad multiple times throughout the week.  
  • tent for Zoe from Carey.  she's loving that thing!
  • Emma's experiments with her new camera
  • seeing JMo and thinking "that's my pastor!"
  • home sweet home repair (need a handy woman, I've got a number for you!!)
  • "in Your presence there is fullness of joy and pleasures forevermore!" - psalm 16:11
  • "all your children will be taught by the Lord, great will be their peace." - Isaiah 54:13
  • talking to nick tonite/shared cherry coke over FaceTime.  so so good for my head and my heart.  
  • these 2 teenagers of mine.  they are special. 
  • being lavished with God's love and kindness.
  • one week down, five to go
  • "impress less and connect more." - Hannah Ro
  • the heated steering wheel and seats of the rented car (and the hope that tomorrow it will go back from whence it came)