29 August 2014

5 minutes on the word of the week: intention

5 minutes on a certain special friend's word of choice....this week's word is "intention."  The time is 3:53.  Go. 

Intention

2 different things come to mind when I hear the word "intention."  1)"be intentional" and 2) "what's your intention?"  It's a word that, if I say it enough, it really starts to sound funny and I completely forget what the word actually means.  Try it...intention. intention. intention.  I certainly want to live my life with intention - on purpose.  I want to be intentional.  I've learned more and more that most things in life require intention - seems like most friendships don't "just happen" -- there's a certain level of intention that has to happen (or at least that's how it's been for me) -- the encouraging notes don't get written on their own....blogs don't write themselves...people don't always know that they are appreciated unless we intentionally tell them.  I'm learning more and more that time marches on and life continues to pass by and so much of what we want to do and who we want to be never comes to pass because we refuse to live with intention.  Plan it and do it...'cause that's what it takes sometimes.  Some things do just happen sporadically and spontaneously....and it's lovely when it does....but that's not very common in my world.   Plan that trip.  Call that person.  Enjoy that gift.  Live on purpose...with great and Holy Intention.  
3:58. Time's up...maybe I'll tackle the second aspect of "intention" some other day...