22 August 2014

Trying it out - Word of the Week #1

Sometimes I think that I want to write more...and sometimes I think "it would be fun if someone could just give me an assignment or a topic."  So I'm going to try and do my own version of the "5 Minute Friday" that others participate in (I would do that....but I don't really want to go to the trouble of linking in. Lazy?  Maybe.  Just not up for figuring it out right now? Yup.)  

I asked one of my most favorite people in the world to give me a word (she shall remain nameless to protect her privacy...we don't want the fans flocking to her doorstop). She sent me the word earlier today and I typed for 5 minutes (I stuck to it!).  Below is what was created (not alot for 5 minutes...fastest 5 minutes of the day).

I must admit...this feels a bit silly.  Oh well.  I want to write more....this seems like a good way to do it (and will only take about 10 minutes from start to finish - depending on internet speed when I go to post it).

And...go.  

The word this week is:  
Sweet

“Y’all be sweet.” – that phrase was often said by my dad to me and my mom throughout my teenage years (and beyond).  He was reminding us to be kind.  Be nice. Be considerate.  Don’t say things that are so harsh and thoughtless.   It’s kind of amusing to me that my dad was telling me and my mom to be sweet to one another…but it was a very necessary word of instruction. “Y’all be sweet.”  I kind of want the world to hear that one…be kind. Be nice. Be considerate.  Don’t be so harsh and thoughtless.  We could do with a bit more sweet…and bit less mean.  A bit more love…a lot less everything that is not love.  That would be sweet (or suh-weet as I may be prone to say).