20 April 2013

seeking to be all that God made me to be.

Thursday night's Community Meeting was really incredible. The speaker,  Kirstie Randall - our Ward Supervisor, did a TREMENDOUS job of humbly, yet powerfully, speaking Truth into the crew of the Africa Mercy.  She was talking about being who God has made us to be....

So much of what she said really resonated with my heart and mind - some of the things she shared are some of the exact same things i've thought/felt in the past few months (and i mean EXACT).  i was furiously taking notes....

here are some of the things i wrote down...i could probably write a paragraph about each quote...but i won't...i'll just leave them "as is" and trust that God will use them in your life however He wants.

"Rise up.  Be all that God made you to be."

"Do you feel known?"

"I don't quite know who I am here..."

"...expect God to tell me who i am."

"Don't let the expectations of others determine who you are."

"The best thing you can do is get good at being you."  -dennis the menace

"We need to know who we are so that we can play our part in the Body of Christ."

"The beauty of being who you are means that you're released from being who you're not."

"what gets in the way of me being me?"

"I am who God made me to be."

"I am who God says I am."

"when you know that God knows you, it releases you from having to be known by others."

"...if I settle on the far side of the sea,  even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." psalm 139:9/10

"Come into agreement with Truth."

"Allow others to be who God created them to be."

"Speak life -- life breeds life"