02 April 2013

random.

fun fact:  i got to visit the OR here on the ship this morning - i was in the room during a surgery!!  it was definitely a memorable experience!!

not so fun fact: there are cholera and menengitis outbreaks in upcountry guinea  - please pray (no worries - there's no danger for the cash crew -- just devastating for the country...and sad for some of our patients and their families). 

interesting fact: unless the way a dime is made has changed, there are a 118 ridges around the edge of a US ten cent piece (i've been carrying that useless information around with me a loooong time)

good quote:


i am so rich.  wanted. loved. cared for.  My God and my husband do a phenomenal job of reminding me of how rich i am (as do others).  i want to do that well for people (especially my husband and children) - i long to help others understand that they are wanted, loved and cared for...such a simple, yet tremendous, task.