26 May 2011

thankful thursday. for reals.


  • a friend like amy taylor who brought the phrase "for reals" into my life

  • Teen Advisor Staff Retreat.

  • walking on the beach with nick (or anyone...but especially nick)

  • reading on the beach

  • sitting on the beach

  • throwing frisbee on the beach

  • playing catch with a softball and gloves on the beach

  • perfect playing in the ocean conditions (it doesn't take much: warm water + no sea weed)

  • laughing...

  • hearing my husband laugh

  • playing "know your boo" with someone who is not my boo (and winning)

  • proud points

  • constructive critcism/productive brainstorming

  • really good sandwiches

  • gifts for the journey/praying for staff who are moving on to new places and stages

  • having someone put a link to my blog in their blog. what a compliment.

  • being trusted with secrets...especially secrets about a potential husband

  • http://everydayrainbows.tumblr.com/

  • pajama pants

  • the way God worked it so that friends got back $1103 instead of paying the government $2800 like they thought they were going to have to. $2800 that they didn't have.....$1103 that is going to be put towards adopting a little one from Ethiopia.

the thought "He gives such good gifts" has been in my head and heart the past 24 hours. He really does lavish us with good things. what a wonderful Father. i love my life. i love the Giver of my life.


this is my 99th blog...the next one is going to have to be good. no pressure.