14 May 2011

should-ing, ridiculous sentences & other random feisty nonsense

So…I’ve been wanting to blog all week. Or maybe the more accurate truth is the I’ve felt like I should** blog….and I’ve had things in my head and heart to share…but, for whatever reason, whenever I looked at my computer and thought about blogging, all desire to type anything melted away like a popsicle in summer. That last sentence is the most ridiculous thing I’ve written in a long time – primarily because it’s full of run-on-ness and grammatical errors…but also because I don’t really speak in similes as corny as that one. (my similes are far more random)

**I first heard this fabulous quote from my fabulous sister (a principle to live by if ever I’ve heard one!) – “don’t should on yourself…and don’t should on others.” So I shouldn’t have should-ed on myself. ha. But, honestly, feeling like I “should” is probably the very reason that I didn’t….I often rebel in my own little way against things I “should” do…(consider yourself warned).

Boy, I’m being a little feisty in my writing (or at least it feels feisty even if it’s not coming out that way!).

Here are the things I’ve wanted to blog about but haven’t:
--An adoption update
--The Mama Project
--Ugliness
--Colossians
--Eminent quotes
--Sacred parenting quotes
--Being married to my best friend for 9 years
--My left “alt” key is missing
--Irony
--Temporary yuck (nastiness, selfishness, harshness, ugly reactions) is completely different from evil character
--New neighbors (that’s a brand new development….one of them is playing in eli’s room right now) (he thinks my name is indiana. close.)
--Painting toast

If only I allowed comments on this here blog I’d take a poll and find out “what the readers want.” Ha. (I’m not really convinced that I have enough readers to poll!) I’m just laughing all over myself today. it feels good to laugh…sure beats feelings of discouragement and sadness!

For now I’m not going to blog about any of them…but I’ll definitely give an adoption update soon (with a fantastic fishing analogy) and the sacred parenting quotes are already typed – so they’ll make it into the annals of my blog (I credit lee mcbride for teaching me – and many other TA people – the fun use of the word annals)….and I have a feeling that painting toast will be coming soon – it’s too fun and easy and cheap not to share!

In other news: I’ll have friends over for dinner any night of the week if it means getting two 12 packs of cherry coke....now to show some self-control...