26 October 2011

Kisses From Katie - Quotes

Hang on tight…here come a bunch of quotes. These are my favorites from Katie Davis’s book “Kisses from Katie” (if you missed the link I posted a few months ago to this precious sister’s blog, here ya go: kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com ). Definitely the best book I’ve read lately…would certainly be on my Assigned Reading list for everyone I love. This book challenged me...blessed me...encouraged me.

“individuals are extremely important; every life matters.”

“…they (people who want to make a difference) don’t do anything to call attention to themselves, they simply pay attention to the everyday needs of others, even if it’s only one person…”

“…wants more than anything to obey God and say yes to whatever He asks of me…”

“…ordinary people who love an extraordinary God…”

“I will not change the world. Jesus will do that. I can, however, let Him use me to change the world for one person.”

“…I am more more terrified of living a comfortable life in a self-serving society and failing to follow Jesus than I am of any illness or tragedy.”

“I sit here in a broken world, small and dirty at his feet, and He who sits on high chooses to commune with me, to love me anyway.”

“….jumping for joy, so full of God’s love that we can’t stay still.”

“I , as a person who grew up wealthy, put value in things. These children, having no things, put value in God.”

“They rejoiced in what the Lord had given them…”

“Share…without holding back, giving our all and believing that the Lord will provide more as needed...”

“God did not make too many people and not enough resources to go around. Because we are living in His world, there HAS to be a solution.” (to poverty, hunger, thirst)

“Do I deny Jesus the glory that is His?”

“Poverty is not a sin; it is a condition, a circumstance that allows God’s work to be displayed.”

“…care for those around you out of an overflow of love for Christ and the love that He has lavished upon you.”

“adoption is His heart.”

“We all have so much more in common than we have distinctions. So much more that binds us together than keeps us apart.”

“When we stop to be kind when we don’t want to, that’s when the sacrifice becomes most rewarding.”

“If being a new mother taught me anything, it was just how inadequate I am and just how dependent I am on my father to give me strength and grace for each day.” (amen.)

“…a desire to be more, to be better, to be close to the One who made us…”

“I made peace with feeling inadequate because the Truth is, I was. I still am…”

“…147 million orphaned children in the world to each have a mommy who knows what they like for dinner.” (one of her prayers/desires)

“following God is an education of its own.”

“Obey and be faithful to only what He has asked of me, even when tangible earthly results or successes are not seen.”

“Often in an unideal situation, there is not an ideal solution this side of heaven.”

“As I do what I can, I am able to watch Him do what only He can.”

“I am not brave. I just believe in a God who will use me even though I am not.”

“In him, even sorrow is joy.”

“When harsh words are easier to find than kind ones, let me choose You.”

“Lord, may we choose you every moment of every day.”