10 October 2011

all i want...

all i want is to be where He wants me. doing what He wants me to do.

if He wants me here, may i be here - content, wholeheartedly and fully focused (and obviously here is where He wants me since here is where i am).

if He wants us to become a military family or servants on a ship off the coast of africa or teachers in a south american village...or something that He hasn't even brought to our minds, may we do the exact thing He wants us to do - exactly where and exactly when.

if He wants us to be a family of 5, may we be content (and obviously, a family of 5 is what He wants us to be for this moment in time).

if He wants us to be a family of 6 or 7 or 8 or 13 or WHATEVER number, may we be patiently obedient and faithfully persistent to welcome and love each and every child He trusts us with....and may we quietly, willingly, faithfully walk at His pace....
for all the "if's" - He is I Am.
for all the things that are and are to come - He is I am.
for every hope, desire, hope calling, purpose, longing - He is I am
He is the desire of my heart. He is my hope. He is my calling. He is my purpose. He is my longing.

i just want to be where He wants me. doing what He wants me to do. for now, that is being (first, foremost and always) His beloved daughter... then a wife, a mom, a friend, an employee of Teen Advisors...a helper, an organizer, a facilitator, a connector, a resource...filled up, poured out, surrendered, His.

it's all for You and for Your glory, God... working unto You, doing all that i do as if i'm doing it for you - washing your clothes, fixing your lunch, sweeping your floor, taking out your recycling, paying your bills, organizing your supplies....doing the unnoticed with just as much passion and care as the noticed...

all i want is to be with You - right where You want me. doing what You want me to do.