08 September 2019

Identity - a playlist

It's prayer week at CCC!  I really like prayer week.  Something significant happens when we intentionally come together with the purpose of hearing from God.  So much could be said here...but that's another post for another day. (I think I actually have a rough draft of a blog about prayer week at CCC...the what and the how and the such and such...)

In honor of prayer week I'm going to try (try!) to blog each evening...either an activity that could help us in our quest for true identity...or thoughts from the night....or, as is the case tonite, a helpful tool.

So...just in case you aren't able to make it to the prayer room at CCC and need a playlist of songs that remind you of who you are - of who HE says you are - here's one.  There's a variety of genres and artists...and the songs stretch over a few decades...so if you happen not to like one, just click on another one.  You may even want to listen with a pen in hand...jot down the words/phrases that stand out...draw pictures that God gives you.  Let Him remind you of who you are.  I don't think this blog is going anywhere...so feel free to listen to a song and then come back in a few days or a week and listen to another one...

I Will Change Your Name (Cross Ties)

You Say (Lauren Daigle)

No Longer Slaves (Bethel)

Who You Say I am (Hillsong)

Friend of God (Israel Houghton)
God Loves Me (Veggie Tales)

Child of God (Vineyard)

More Than Conquerors (Rend Collective)

You are my Treasure (Chris Tomlin)
https://youtu.be/FVS3BLLQgh8

I Like Me (Kirk Franklin and Da Truth)

Come Out of Hiding (Steffany Gretzinger)
https://youtu.be/XFkDqQtfs0w

Refrigerator Art (Allen Levi)

The Anthem (Jesus Culture)

Fun fact: this last one is one of Nick's favorites...kind of like his fight song.

Other fun facts: the kirk franklin one is probably my favorite on the list...and the veggietales one always makes me cry.  i LOVE that God loves us whether we've made all the right decisions or whether we've messed up in all the ways.  He really loves us.  That's our identity:  loved by God.

Surely there will be more to come.