23 September 2016

5 minutes on the word of the week: relief

Going to try and do "word of the week" again...just feeling the desire to write a bit more - but only in 5 minute increments!  "Word of the week" is my version of "five minute friday"...just not so official or linked in with others.  Molly sends me my word...i type for 5 minutes....and then i allow myself to edit/format for 5 minutes...and then i hit "publish"....(so maybe it should technically be 10 minute Friday...).  This week's word...
Relief
Just the word makes me breathe in and sigh.  

What a relief.  Take a break.  The hard part is over.  Relief is here.    

I want to breathe deep more often...doesn't it feel good?  Take a deep breath...hold it...release it...that's what relief feels like.  

Relief can come in the form of a deep breath...or when Nick walks in the door at just the moment when I feel so done being a mom...or when a friend brings a coke with ice for sharing...or a friend across the world assures me that i'm not being ridiculous and that it's all going to be ok.  Relief.  

Relief pitchers in baseball.
Disaster relief.
Relief from the news not being so bad.
Relief from that experience being over. 

Coming in and offering help...just in time, just when it's needed most.  

Glad our God offers us the gift of relief.  

But what a weird word when you say it/type it multiple times in five minutes!