04 July 2013

i. am. thankful.

  • the "comfort" of coffee (it may have something to do with the fact that I associate it with my sister and with the beach)
  • time with the lankfords, lyons and neals (sweet fellowship & delicious meat!)
  • things went well at CCC Sunday morning - kids shared in kingdom kids, nick shared the breakpoint testimony, I didn't have to say anything :)
  • good time at the saucier's
  • the heart CCC & Crosspointe have for missions
  • when people ask thoughtful questions
  • yaya & granddaddy's willingness to let us stay at their house
  • a lazy day
  • time with mary (and the fact that she was perfectly ok with me still being in my pajamas)
  • the doughnuts the aforementioned lady brought with her
  • "time alone with Me is essential for unscrambling your thoughts." - jesus calling
  • caroline's pierced ears (and her excitement!)
  • naps for emma 3 days in a row!!!
  • time at the playground at lakebottom
  • the sweet new "oval-about" at the park - it makes crossing the street so much nicer!
  • peaceful trip to & from Americus
  • nice time with beth and her kids. i am so grateful for our friendship.
  • the Chambliss's hospitality, friendship & encouragement
  • how much emma enjoyed jumping off the diving board (sorry that it's sideways...a little neck exercise is always good)
  • the way the cash kids were at the dollar store...surprisingly content to get one thing.
  • cherry coke (with crushed ice) delivered to "my spot" at crave
  • being reminded that it's not about me.
  • a delicious meal at Carrabba's.  so good.
  • a new book to read/Brittany's generosity to share it with me
  • the sense of understanding I felt when I read Francis Chan's words "we left some deep & irreplaceable friendship to enter the unknown."
  • the soldiers who have served our country so willingly and so strongly (and their families who sacrifice so much)
  • freedom. independence. democracy.