06 December 2011

overdue

My lack of thankful Thursday lists has not been the result of not having things to be thankful for…more the result of a lack of motivation to turn on the computer when i'm at home (cause that’s sooo difficult!) and type my little list into a word document so that I could later copy and paste onto my blog when there's internet available. But right now it's like I can't keep it all in anymore. So – this might be quite long…making up for lost time…it's overdue...but thankful that no fines are involved.

  • That the “funk” doesn’t last forever (just like messes….the funk gets cleaned up – I’m not talking about literal funk! More figurative funk – my figurative funk looks a lot like sadness….and discouragement…and fighting off lies of the enemy. Can I curse at him? The bleepity bleep bleep evil one. Not a fan of his.)
  • The way starbucks smells…and the aroma that stays with your clothes and reminds you of the heart encouragement that happened in the sacred space that was created when 2 friends shared Jesus centered conversation, thoughts, hearts and coffee.
  • Successful surgery for Caroline last week. Tubes in. Adenoids out. She can hear again!! And she’s got this sweet spirit about her again (I can only imagine how frustrated she’s been for so long – and, as a 5 year old, unable to really even recognize the frustration).
  • The cheerful “good morning” we received from the lady working in the surgery waiting area. A beautiful way to start our time…she didn’t have to be so kind…but she was…and I am thankful.
  • Having a “sub” for homeschool. Thanks, Sally, for keeping eli and emma for us on Thursday!
  • The memories and stories that Christmas ornaments stir up.
  • Sharing cherry coke with nick. It never gets old. Spending time with him never gets old.
  • Walking in to get emma up from her nap and seeing her standing their with her knit strawberry hat on…just a grinnin’
  • Walking around the block. Not sure why that brings me such great pleasure…but it does…and I’m thankful.
  • Going to see “the help” – and the assortment of ladies that I got to see it with!
  • Really good chili and really sweet fellowship at the white’s last week with our community group.
  • Papa’s new dog – Buddy!! That dog is a gift straight from the Father. That man deserves a gift straight from the Father.
  • The first clementine of the season.
  • Getting into a warm car on a cold day.
  • Washing windows with caroline in preparation for Christmas decorating…quite the fun balancing act.
  • The kids’ help in decorating the tree – their excitement was beautiful. And they really were helpful!!!
  • The “Jesus Scenes” Eli and Caroline set up in their rooms (their idea…not mine).
  • Yaya’s dessert the other night – an assortment of candy/candy bars – kit kats, reese’s spree, heath bar….yummy goodness.
  • A cup of coffee sitting by the backdoor…with a sunshiny note on a dreary day.
  • The African Violet is still alive and well!
  • Amy Taylor’s heart. Beautiful.
  • Ideas that are so good that they can only come from God – no way in the world to give yourself any credit for them!!
  • Emma (unknowingly) making rock angels on the playground at CCC – she was just laying in them and moving her arms around like you would if you were making a snow angel…made me laugh.
  • The FACT that sitting in the backyard talking with a trusted friend does my heart far more good than a walk ever could (and walks do my heart a lot of good!).
  • The moments when texts DO send from inside our house.
  • The little countdown things at some of the crosswalks (on the “walk/do not walk” signs) – I don’t know if they are new…or just new to me…but I like ‘em! I like knowing how much time I have until the light turns yellow – it’s entertaining!
  • Saying “rise up lights” in a semi-fast fashion – it sounds like you’re saying “razor blades” in an Australian accent. (thanks for sharing that little smile bringer, colleen!)