03 April 2011

in other news...

...we have 4 chickens in our backyard. yup. 4 chickens. here's hoping for some eggs in a few months. i want to name them....but i don't know how to tell them apart....i made them some decoration for their "coop"....

...today was NOT my best day as a mom. it wasn't my worst...but definitely not my best. i almost lost it in toys r us. emma was screaming....eli was trying to convince me why he should be allowed to get something that cost more money than he had...caroline was having a very difficult time "choosing" what she wanted to get (they both had giftcards and the money they've been saving). i didn't make eye contact with anyone for the last 10 minutes of our adventure (i didn't want the "that woman's children are out of control" looks....though the reality was that only one was out of control - and it was the one that had missed her morning nap and was now being carted around a toy store when she should've been being fed her lunch). we made it out of there...and had some delightful parts of our afternoon putting legos together, sorting thousands of beads (quite literally) and making a couple of jewelry items.

...i miss my husband. he's only gone for 2 1/2 days....but my heart is sad without him.

caroline often says "i want you mama" - at night when it's time for her to lay down in bed...or at the door to her class on sunday mornings....or on monday mornings when i'm heading to the TA office (i keep telling her if she really wants me she'll enjoy me all the time that she can have me...cause some of that is surely wasted on fussing and bad attitudes and fit pitching!). the other night she said it...and this is the conversation that followed.

caroline: i want you, mama
me: i want you, too....
caroline: i want you more than anything.
me: thanks sweetheart.... (pause)....caroline, i want God more than anything....i was just telling Him that the other day at Crave...all i could write was "i want you, God. just You." over and over.
caroline: why do you want God, mama? you already have Him.
me: true...but i want more and more and more of Him.
caroline: but that's greedy.
me: i think that might be the one kind of greedy - greedy for God - that's ok.

for those of you praying for our adoption process: there's a very very slight possibility that there's a baby on the horizon for us. someone we are connected with is having a baby boy...and she's not sure she's ready to be a mom. it would really take a miracle for us to end up with the baby...but it's a possibility. feel free to pray. it's a little boy who is due sometime around august. we're praying God's best for that little one - whether that's with the birth mom or us or another family altogether. God's got good plans for that boy - we'd LOVE to be a part of His plan....but are willing to not be a part of His plan for that little boy if that's His plan for us!

in other news....i've gotten waaay too many "thirstbuster" cherry cokes from the spectrum on wynnton road lately. that needs to stop. but they are soooo good....and only .85 (tax included!). and the crushed ice is delightful!! it still needs to stop. i'm not getting one this week - feel free to keep me accountable if you see me.

that's about all i've got. thanks for sharing my life with me :)