07 January 2011

adoption update, other thoughts

as far as the adoption process -- we're waiting. just waiting for a call from Bethany. this is a bit of a challenge. we are approved....and bethany has our name - we just wait for them to call us and say that they think they have found a child (or children) that would match up with our family. i have no idea what our time frame is....don't know if it could "happen any day" or if it'll be more like months that we are waiting. part of me would like to know -- just so i can know what to prepare for/what to expect...part of me is excited about this chance to put faith in action. i guess i thought we were going to have a little more of an active part - looking through profiles or something... oh well. i can wait. i can trust God's PERFECT timing. i can not rush things. i can keep reading and praying and preparing....and i can KNOW that at just the right time a child (children?) will be given to us.

i feel like God is working on something in me...but i'm in the place of not quite knowing what it is - i can see some pieces coming together....just not the whole picture! He's reminding me that i need to have my eyes fixed solely on Him....that His opinion is THE ONLY ONE that matters. He's been calling sin "sin" in my life....i've known his forgiveness in fresh ways lately. so thankful for his forgiveness! honestly, i feel quite inadequate....and i know that I am - but just trusting that HE in me is adequate!

when i was writing this i was sitting in Chick-Fil-A on Wynnton Road...and one of my favorite songs came on - it's kari jobe...not sure if it's called "for me"....or "i know that you are for me"...or something altogether different -- but that's what the chorus says "...i know you are for me...you will never forsake me in my weaknesses....." what a wonderful God we serve...confirming what my heart most needs confirmed. i'm so thankful for His faithful presence and consistent love. He wants us to know that He believes in us....He delights in us....He is so glad He made us. God wants us to know that He is proud of us....pleased with you....is WITH us. may we KNOW and RELY on the love God has for us.
"...mostly what God does is love us. keep company with Him and learn a life of love." (from eph 5:1-2 the message)


in other news....i've been slowly chipping away at the candy stash....keeping a good pace...still have plenty left (and i'm willing to share....).