30 November 2010

yes, i'd love to....our God saves

i’ve decided that when any of my children start a sentence with “Mama do you want to see….?” i want my response to be “yes! i’d love to!” as often as possible….always would be ideal.

the song “Our God Saves” is a little hard for me to sing….well, it’s not that hard to sing – it just sends my head on a thought tangent. i usually think “God, i know you save….but what about our boys…” my human thought is usually “you didn’t save andrew or sweet little teddy…” He always gently responds “yes, I did. I saved them…they are safe and saved.” i wonder if i'll always think of them when i hear that song…that would be ok. i wonder what all He saved them from – life here on earth…hardship…disease…destruction…addiction…who knows. and i wonder what He saved us from by letting them be immediately with Him – a long fight with cancer….a tragic accident….a heartache like we’ve never known. thank you, God, for being in control…for knowing the plans you have for us – plans to give us a hope and a future. thank you for saving – even in the midst of what looks like losing. You are so good.

in light of those thoughts, i think i’ll share an e-mail from a few months ago…next post please (said in the tone that the teacher says “next slide please”) :)