01 November 2010

time for an amy q! recharging!!

what do you do to recharge yourself and when do you find the time to do so?

to recharge myself i: spend time with God....spend time away from my house...spend time without my kids (sometimes all 3 of those happen at the same time! actually, it happens weekly at Crave....i'm so thankful for that time!)...spend time with friends....go on dates with nick!...take naps (sometimes while the tallest 2 are watching a video i just lay right down on the futon and snooze)...i read...i blog! ha. there may be other things...but that's what's coming to mind.

when do i find the time to do so? i'm so thankful for the structure of my week....i feel like i have plenty of "built in" time where i am recharged 1) during my kids' rest time/nap time - sitting still with God and His word is my top priority...not dishes or laundry...or checking email....not getting on facebook. HIM. if there's time left over i try to use it to do things that i want to do - read or nap or check email. 2) wednesdays from 11:00-12:15 = crave with childcare = beautiful. 3)some weeknights if nick is home i'll "escape" for a bit after the kids go to bed....go to chick-fil-a and enjoy their free wi-fi....or go for a walk (in the summer time when it's not dark yet)....or meet a friend for coffee...i'm so thankful for a husband who not only "allows" that but encourages me to if that's what i need 4)date night is definitely a recharger for me - and for our marriage. those usually happen on wednesday nights. 5)community group on tuesday nights 6)friday fun on (you guessed it) friday mornings.

thinking about this is causing my heart to well up with thankfulness...thankful for the life God's blessed me with....thankful for the community that i am a part of...thankful that God is so faithful to refresh me and restore me...