14 January 2019

5 minutes on the word of the week - Expectation

Expectation
I do believe I had an expectation that I would do "word of the week" for more than one week....but last week was a tough week and on Friday I forgot.  BUT it's of absolutely no consequence if I write for 5 minutes on Friday or on Monday (or any other day).  Thus, I'll keep on trying...onward and upward with the word "expectation."

This song lyric comes to mind:  "We bring our expectations.  Our hope is anchored in your name - the name of Jesus."   (I really like that song lyric)

He is the one to whom I bring my expectations...any where else I bring my expectations is likely to let me down...to no fault of the person I may be thinking of bringing my expectations to - they are, after all, quite human, just like me.  He - my God, my Savior, my Firm Foundation - He can handle my expectations...He can meet them, exceed them, redirect them, correct them, inspire them, calm them.  

What about unmet expectations?  He can handle those, too.  Trust in Him at all times...pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge - in the met expectations and unmet expectations alike, He is my hiding place.  He is a safe place for ALL my expectations, my hopes, my dreams...my whining, my pathetic mumblings, my complaints - somehow He is glad to receive those, too.


Any expectation I have connected to any hope I have must be connected to Him - anchored in Him and by Him. Rooted and established in Him and in His love...I bring Him my expectations.  And, as I do, I reaffirm that He is God and I am not.  I reaffirm that I trust Him.  He is the great Expectation Handler.  I am grateful.