25 January 2019

5 minutes on the word of the week: Cherish

Cherish

Two things come to mind when I hear the word "cherish":  1)wedding vows and 2) the song from some decade in the past that says "Cherish is a word I use to describe...bom bom bom..." (the bom bom's are the bell/chimes in the song)(I wish I was tech savvy enough to record a sound byte - bite?- to put here...undoubtably it would be quite amusing)(if you happen to see me, feel free to ask me to sing it...I also bob my head while I'm singing this particular song....)(and I'm wondering if I'm combining 2 songs and the "bom bom's" aren't even a part of this song?!).  Funny thing is that I have no idea what the word cherish is describing in the song.  

"To have and to hold", somehow that sounds like cherish to me.  To have something and to hold it close...to treasure it/him/her. To see the value and treat accordingly.  To cherish.  People. Moments. Memories. Concepts. Possessions. 

A little listical of things I cherish (in no particular order):
  • date night and the guy that shares them with me
  • cash kids (i like 'em!)
  • sleep
  • authenticity
  • faithful friends and family
  • freedom

Questions for pondering:
  • I wonder if I ever cherish things that maybe I should not? 
  • Is there anything I am not cherishing that I should be?  
  • How do I convey that I cherish something/someone?
  • Do I truly know how very much I am cherished by the Perfect Cherisher? (and by the husband He has given me)

"Cherish"...it's a good word to ponder. 

And for your listening pleasure, here's a link to the song (and the lyrics are posted, too).