05 December 2014

5 minutes on the word of the week: Wonder

wonder
I wonder if I should even continue on with this “word of the week” exercise.  I wonder if anyone reads them.  I wonder if I’m “doing this right.”  I wonder what the point is.  I wonder wonder wonder….

I wonder and I think of the word ponder…and I wonder and ponder how two words can be spelled exactly the same except for the first letter and yet sound so differently.  Which kind of brings to mind the fact that my siblings and I are so similar, yet so different.  Sometimes I wonder how 4 people could be raised by the same parents, in the same house, on the same street, go to the same school and yet turn out to be 4 very distinct individuals. 

But then again, when I really consider my 2 amazing brothers and my incredibly special sister, I think we’re pretty much like “wonder and ponder” – pretty much the same except for our first letters and the way we sound.  I kind of think we’re 5/6’s the same….5/6’s of our core is the same – we all share common values and virtues…at our core we each care very much for the world and the people in it.  Each of us are living lives of service in some way or another.  There’s 1/6 that’s different….very different – but that’s what makes our siblinghood all the more special (and what makes the political conversations so fun to listen to).


I wonder why God chose to give me 3 siblings that love and care about me so much (and who are all around awesome people).