26 September 2014

5 minutes on the word of the week: expectant

5 minutes on the word....
Expectant
Waiting in joyful anticipation.  Hoping for the good that’s coming just around the corner.  Expect.  Expecting. Expectant. 

There’s a positivity about the word expectant…my eyes get big and my mouth curves up when I say the word.  Almost like there’s a secret in the air and I’m about to be one trusted with that secret.  “I wonder what’s coming?” “What does God have up His sleeve?”

We sing a song here on the Africa Mercy with the words “Great things He has done….Greater things He will do” – that’s expectant.  I know He’s going to come through (even if it doesn’t look like it) – that’s expectant.  It doesn’t make sense to me but I know He’s got a plan – that’s expectant.

It’s not always an easy place – there’s waiting as you are expectant.  Sometimes we aren’t the best at waiting…but without the waiting there would be no room for being expectant....no room for the Holy Twinkling Love to say “just hang in there…I’ve got something AMAZING heading your way.”  “Be patient…it’s coming.”  “In just the right time, all will be revealed….”


Let’s be expectant people…waiting with great joy and hope (and Divine patience) for what’s to come.  Trusting that it will be good…and worth waiting for.