02 May 2012

prayer week - tuesday night

Phrases that stood out to me from the songs:
"drink of glory and wonder"
"lay back against you and breathe...feel your heart beat."
"pull me a little closer, take me a little deeper.  i want to know your heart..."

Psalm 105:2-4
"seek the Lord and His strength" -- not my own strength (there isn't much of that lately!).  HIS STRENGTH.  What does His strength look like?  refreshing, unexplainable, enough.  God lead me to Psalm 93:1 - it said "He is surging with strength."  YES!

"seek His face continually..."
my thought: we often find what we're looking for...
what i felt like were His thoughts:  "if you're looking for fault, fault you will most surely find...looking for people to make mistakes or someone to blame?  you'll find them.  are you looking for Me? looking for evidence of Me? looking for me to work?  you WILL find Me.  You'll most certainly find me when you're looking for Me with your whole heart (jeremiah 29:12).  Look for me as you go about your day...I am at work.  Look for me...I am right there - breathe me in...open the gifts I'm putting along the path for you...look for Me - you WILL see Me."

2 Timothy 3:16-17
thank You for loving me enough to correct me and to teach me to do what is right...You prepare and equip us to do every good work.  A father who doesn't care doesn't do anything to prepare and equip his child.  A father who does not discipline and does not teach, does not care/does not care.  So glad - so glad! - YOU do.

last 3 words -- restore. restoration. healing.  those words were in my heart and head...i felt a strong sense of God saying "I've got these things for you - for all of you..."