01 May 2012

it's prayer week!!!


i've had so much that i've wanted to share through this blog...but today is not the day for that.  hopefully soon though!!  for now, here are thoughts/insights/verses from prayer night last night...i thought about adding further explanation - but decided to just leave them 'as is'....

Job 38

v36…I don’t even know what “the ibis” is…of course I didn’t give it weather wisdom – I wouldn’t have even thought to give something weather wisdom!  I’m so glad YOU did.  You thought of it all…things I take for granted.  Things I don’t even realize.  Things I’m not aware of.  You are such a good God.  A thorough God.  A thoughtful God.  A God who sees and provides and things of EVERY detail.

Thoughts on a deeper place of worship (what I felt like I was hearing from Him)…
“Worship with total abandonment.  No thought to man…no regard for who is around.  Keep filling your mind and heart and home with ME and with songs that remind you of Me…songs that draw your attention to Me.  I want ALL of your attention.  No division.  No separation -  all of your attention.  Hold nothing back."

Psalm 100
The words of worship:  Joy!  Thanksgiving!  Praise!

Other thoughts:
You are worthy!!  We certainly don’t even grasp exactly what that means…but you are worthy in every sense of the word – to receive blessing, glory, wisdom, thanksgiving, honor, power, strength, wealth.

(random intro – I feel like the birds have been singing louder lately….and I just keep thinking, “they are getting louder in their worship…”)  We need to take our place as God-worshippers…the rocks will cry out if we do not.  Even now the birds’ songs are worship (and are getting louder)…our God WILL be worshipped!  Will you be among the worshippers?  We need to take our God-given place as God-worshippers…worship LOUD (this isn’t necessarily talking about volume!)…worship BIG…worship STRONG…Worship in whatever way He gives you.  It may or may not look like anyone else’s worship – and that’s ok!

John 4:23-24
From the msg:  “it’s who you are and the way you live that count before God…the Father is looking for those who are simply and honestly themselves before Him in their worship…”

words from Him:  "Be who I have made you to be, worship how I’ve made you to worship…not who the worship leader tells you to be…not who the person next to you tells you to be…certainly not who the world tells you to be.  Under My authority and following My leading, be who I have made you to be."

Matthew 6:6 - “find a quiet secluded place so you won’t be tempted to role-play before God.  Just be there – as simply and honestly as you can manage.  The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense His grace. 

Focus on Him, not me.    

Worship allows us the pleasure of focusing on Him – not on us…we were never meant to focus on us so much.