28 October 2021

counting my blessings. being a rebel.

  • multiple conversations about thankfulness
  • Aldi.  i just like it. 
  • dining reward...got a whole lot of tasty food for $17
  • practicing being a rebel
  • military discount at Brewster's 
  • plenty of cherry cokes and plates full of herbs during date night
  • all the things around the house that nick has taken care of lately 
  • this one:
  • the way the guy at the Starbucks on Windy Hill in Smyrna interacts with his customers - with kindness, attention and an uncharacteristic awesomeness
  • visiting with Katie!  (and the really cool playground!)
  • the simple beauty of mac n cheese for lunch with a friend
  • someone with a big platform is quoting me (not really!!  but it's something I've been saying for a long time)
  • having the chase family visit for the weekend
  • God's word is alive and rich and never disappoints.  
  • delicious dinner grilled by nick, enjoyed outside
  • beautiful day of hiking at FDR

  • few moments by the fire
  • meaningful conversations with our teenagers
  • fun and fabulous time at the Jeeah's Hope Fall Potluck
  • will's picture of Yaya taking our picture

  • gourmet Italian lunch at the Robertsons
  • the pool liner is in!
  • laughing with Caroline about "this is the worst"
  • 3/4 of my kiddos and 2 of their incredible friends in a lovely setting 


  • the pilot wasn't running right...and then it was (and has continued to).  I think God fixed it. 
  • how very much nick makes me laugh
  • I got to see my dad (and lane!)! thankful for how his recovery from surgery is going 
  • grandaddy's willingness to be in warrenton to help my dad