09 October 2012

He knows my name... I love this song.




i LOVE this song.  i cannot be reminded enough that God knows my name - He knows my every thought.  He sees each tear that falls (the happy ones and the sad ones!) and He hears me when I call.  What incredible truth!!! He is my maker - He formed my heart...before time began, He saw me and my life has always been in His hands.  And then to be reminded that I have a Father - a Father in heaven, an almighty, incredible, amazing, King-of-the-Universe Father who calls me His own...ME...He calls ME HIS OWN...and He'll never leave me - no matter where I go. 

I first heard this song through the Pandamania VBS CD....I thought it was "just a kids' song" - just an incredible kids' song!!  Come to find out it's not "just a kids' song" - it's an everybody song!  And it is a song that is sung on a regular basis here on the Africa Mercy.  It got stuck in my head yesterday after we sang it at the Monday morning Communications Meeting....there aren't many songs that I would rather have stuck in my head. 

God really used this song when we went through that crazy thing with the little boy that we thought we were adopting.  I can remember sitting upstairs on our futon  on 19th Ave heartbroken because we weren't brining our "Sam" home (yet another attempt to bring a Sam into our family!) I was trying to talk through it with Eli and Caroline and this song was playing in the background and eli said "He does, mama."  "He does what, baby?"  I asked.  "He sees your tears, Mama." 

Yes, He does. 

Tears over babies that we never got to know and watch grow.
Tears over missing friends.
Tears the come from knowing you've heard from the Lord.
Tears  that flow as a result of being in God's presence
Tears over the nations that seem so lost and broken.
Tears from skinned knees and bruised shins.
Tears that come because you've laughed so hard.
Tears cried with someone else who is hurting
Tears that fall for no apparent reason at all.

EVERY tear. He sees each tear that falls - and He hears us when we call.

Thank you, God.   Thank you.


He Knows My Name - Lyrics 
I have a Maker
He Formed My Heart
before even time began
my life was in His  hands

chorus
He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
and hears me when I call

I have a  Father
He calls me his own
He'll never leave me
no matter where I go