29 June 2010

Watchman Nee's "The Normal Christian Life" - some quotes & notes

"we have never to struggle to get into Christ...we are not told to get there, for we are there; but we are told to stay where we have been placed."

abide in me and I in you -- a command coupled with a promise.

"all temptation is primarily to look within; to take our eyes off the Lord and to take account of appearances."

"the devil is a skillful liar - lying not only in word but gesture and deed...believe God, no matter how convincing satan's arguments appear."

Holiness - given over wholly to God; reserved exclusively to the Lord

"Lord, i give myself to Thee with this desire alone, to know and walk in the path thou hast ordained."

"i do not consecrate myself to be a missionary or a preacher; i consecrate myself to God to do His will where i am, be it in school, office or kitchen or wherever He may, in His wisdom, send me. whatever He ordains for me is sure to be the very best, for nothing but good can come to those who are wholly His."

"may we always be possessed by the consciousness that we are not our own."

No comments:

Post a Comment