25 March 2010

isaiah 43

another thirsty verse... Isaiah 43:20 ...I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.

not that i'm in any sort of desert or my life is a wasteland...quite the opposite, actually...but i love the thought that He gives drink to His people - and it's for the purpose of proclaiming His praise! He fills me so that i can praise Him. i praise Him for filling me.

other fabulous verses that stood out to me as i read isaiah 43...verse 12 "I have revealed and saved and proclaimed..." and the end of verse 13 "when I act, who can reverse it?" and verse 19 "see, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?" i'm kind of wondering what "new thing" He is doing...adoption is the first thing that pops into my mind as i've asked Him what the new thing is. we've started taking official steps in that direction. we had an orientation with Bethany last week...i started researching grant opportunities yesterday...it's springing up - i think i am perceiving it! i sure hope i am. i always want to perceive the new thing that He is doing!

this really stood out to me: verse 25 "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for MY OWN SAKE, and remembers your sin no more." i think i've always thought that He forgives me for my sake...and it is for my sake...but it's for HIS SAKE, too. He forgives me for His sake. boggles my mind just a bit. He loves me so much and wants fellowship with me so much that He forgives my ugliness, my selfishness, my rotteness, my mistakes, my failures, my sin...He forgives me for His sake. thank you, God.

in other news - i'm on a double stuffed oreo and milk kick right now.