09 September 2019

Prayer Night #2 - September 2019

Random assortment of thoughts for you tonite. 

1) It's been fun having the cafe open this week before and after prayer night.  A few of my favorite parts:

  • Laura Lea's encouragement, kindness, presence and all-around awesomeness
  • The coffee maker has been cooperating. 
  • The uncommon generosity of one of the "most-talented-but-would-rather-remain-anonymous-doesn't-want-credit" bakers
  • My delightful friend Katherine made a strawberry cake...the whole thing sold - piece by delicious piece. 
  • The conversations at the bar.  Oh so similar to what used to happen every Sunday morning on the Africa Mercy.   Those conversations are life-giving and refreshing to me. 




2)Here are thoughts that were in my head and heart/what God was talking to me about tonite (some from worship, some from Colossians 3):

  • Our God is WORTHY and TRUSTWORTHY
  • Set your mind on things above.
  • "Christ is my life."  Is He?  Is He truly my life?
  • Pursue the things over which Christ presides (Col. 3:1 MSG)
  • LET Christ's peace rule in your heart.  Allow it.  Let it.

3)And a little identity activity for you if you're interested: 

Sometimes the lies (from ourselves, from others, from the enemy) are so loud that we can't hear the Truth about who God says we are.  

2 questions to ask:


  • What lies am I believing about my identity/who I am?
  • What is God's truth in regards to that lie?

Take 2 cards/pieces of paper.  On 1, write the lie that you've been believing.  On the 2nd, write God's Truth.  Destroy the card with the lie (think lots of ripping or maybe even burning in a safe and smart way).   Take the 2nd card with you - every time the lie tries to creep in, read the Truth. Tell that lie to go back to hell where it belongs.  It's ok to talk dirty to the enemy.  He's a jerkface and a liar.  We don't have to be polite with him.  Read the Truth. Believe the Truth. 

Surely there will be more to come.