26 September 2019

life is full of little pleasures

  • a saturday full of community and friendship
  • dinner and a movie with friends
  • gardenias. and how much the men in my life love the way they smell.

  • coolness in the air
  • "God's best to you! Christ's blessings on you." - Philemon 1:3
  • sweet girls and their international friendship
  • a week that was already cleared out so that it was easy to get in the car and go to warrenton
  • small town/FBC warrenton love and support.  goodness. 
  • beautiful flowers that are representing my mama.  she is no longer suffering. no more medicine. no more pain. no more misery.  happy. healthy. whole. fully ALIVE with jesus.  i am grateful. 

  • friends of my dad's who drive 12+ hours to be with him, fry some fish and sit at his table 
  • siblings that i love to be with.
  • temporary butterfly tattoos...the friend that found them, the sister that is wearing them with me, the mama that always talked about wanting a butterfly tattoo.

  • the chance to stay in warrenton a few extra days with my dad
  • "...that people recognize Christ in all of it..." philemon 1:6 (?) (the msg doesn't always clearly mark the verses!)  
  • a mug from my mama's cabinet that's about as old as i am that rings true (especially in regards to thankful thursday)(and a sister that picked it out for me)

  • brandon's ability to speak life and truth and honor my mama...a fantastic mixture of humor and solemn - all sacred. also thankful for the conversation he facilitated with my siblings.  well done, pastor man. 
  • morning runs through the woods...and through the streets of warrenton. 
  • my incredible husband. he's so talented and kind and awesome and wonderful.  i loved that he was a part of my mama's funeral. he speaks. he sings. he cares. he loves. and he looks suh-weet in a suit.