01 June 2012

how could i???

i'm not sure how i did it.  but i managed to leave off one of my BIGGEST thankful Thursday items. how could i??  how dare i???

my sweet, incredible, lovely, thoughtful, faithful to prayer, french-speaking, amazing, encouraging, love-my-tuesday-time CAREY BRAY brought me the most delightful of treats this week...all the way from St. Simon's Island....a Sonny's Delight (2 of them!).  deliciousness and wonderfulness and a boatload of memories contained in one to-go box.   it's cake-like brownie with a cream cheese-ish middle topped with fudgey icing.  the race for "favorite" is quite a close one between Sonny's Delights and Cappucino Blasts from Dunkin Doughnuts,  Dairy Queen,  BASKIN ROBBINS :)


Most of my growing up years my family went to St. Simon's Island for a week during the summer...and we always managed to find our way to Sweet Mama's - usually multiple times.  I can still smell that place...and see us there...and taste the goodness.  I  had a Sweet Mama's shirt during high school/part of college.  We even had Sonny's Delights brought in for our wedding reception (I'm still very grateful to Kim Dixon & her mama!!!!) 

Thanks, Carey, for bringing me this treat....it certainly was good for my tastebuds...but even better for my heart!   Thanks for being so wonderfully thoughtful....