05 September 2011

good gifts from God...my favorite parts of the retreat!

  • Sam Webb’s farmer belly. Hilarious. Still make me laugh thinking about it.
  • The guys riding in on their “tractor”
  • All those teenagers playing twister
  • Wireless internet…all access, all the time from the kitchen counter in the Ark.
  • That one girl’s sneeze.
  • The campfire. Wow. The campfire. The tears. The honesty. The support. The prayer.
  • “I’ve never said this before.”
  • “My group really helped me.”
  • “I don’t know if anyone else has ever experienced this.” Immediately followed by “I have.”
  • The new meeting space in the orange cabin
  • Caramel macchiato Sunday morning…and again Monday morning!!! (thanks to my dear friend and one of my most favorite people in the whole world!)
  • Those 2 guys hugging – young men supporting one another. Rare (unfortunately) and beautiful.
  • The rain (even if it’s inconvenient)
  • Riding around in the truck…almost getting stuck (for real. Twice. Mountain roads + rain = tricky)
  • Sweet conversations.
  • Chris Resch saying “thank you” (God, you’re so sweet…even when I’m selfish)
  • Breakthrough for my precious friend.
  • The comfy snuggly fuzzy blanket.
  • Sitting by one of my most favorite people in the world when I sat down along the wall.
  • Listening to allen levi’s “flowers were made for the field”
  • Knowing that students feel safe and loved and not alone.
  • Our little make shift small group during the girls’ session. What sweet compliments!
  • Square Dancing with Nick.
  • Worship…late Saturday night, Sunday morning, Sunday night, Monday morning…
  • “You are here. You are here. In your presence I’m made whole.”
  • Tears. It’s just good to cry sometimes.
  • Students signing contracts…it gets me everytime.
I’m so proud of these guys…privileged to be a part of this. Thank you, God, for another AMAZING, miraculous, awesome, fabulous retreat…what a gift. May the seeds that were planted this weekend go down deep in the soil, take root and grow strong....may the weeds that were pulled NEVER return.