05 May 2018

Yes! It is you we've been looking for!

Because I want to keep track of where we are seeing God in this season...and because God is so good...and because some things are just too amazing not to share...

Some of you may remember a blog post from September 2011.  Alright...so I highly doubt that anyone but me remembers it...but it's there...and just in case you don't remember, the post was about the song "hello" by Lionel Richie and how I felt like that was our "adoption song." (wow...just watched the official music video...didn't realize the story was about a blind lady...check it out.  Takes the line "is it me you're looking for" to a whole new level. But do they ever get together??  That's my question!)

So I'm not even kidding, today I picked up LJ so that he could spend the day with us (still not sure on the "rules" and if using his name is ok or not...so we're going with LJ for now!) and he, no joke, said "Hello, is it me you're looking for?"  about ten times within the first hour of hanging out with us.

YES!  It is you we've been looking for!!!  

I'm assuming he must have watched the movie "Trolls" sometime recently and the song lyric is from that....but still.  I think it's pretty remarkable.


He also said "I'm here...you can be happy now!"  Not sure if that's a song lyric or a movie quote or just a fun sentence that he is prone to say.  But it's sweet and I like it.

Fun fact/game for you:  this fabulous boy's first name is somewhere in this post.  (clue: it's not Geoff)

Surely there will be more to come.