30 May 2018

LLcoolJ...LJ for short.

So much that could be shared (including a fabulous story involving our drug testing).  For now, here's an LJ update.  I hate that I can't share pictures.

We were able to officially able to welcome LJ into our home Saturday afternoon.  He's here!
God's fingerprints and kindness have been all over this...here are just a few of the ways we've seen Him at work as we've been making our way into fostering this treasured boy:
  • a friend surprised us by ordering us a much needed bed frame - and it fits perfectly in the boys' room.
  • a friend of Yaya's gave her a bike for this precious boy to ride - he and emma have been riding up and down our driveway almost every day.
  • community group was so very willing to swap nights so that we can attend the foster care classes.
  • Yaya and Grandaddy's willingness to hang out with our kids so that we can attend classes.
The paperwork is pretty much done (I can post pictures of that).  Paper work that includes fun forms like:
  • sensitive issues inventory
  • stress index
  • mental health questionnaire
  • safety agreement



It's a good thing I like paperwork.  (I really do!)(especially when I know the answers).  I need to make a copy of it all (that's tonite's pre-date activity) and then we'll turn it in tomorrow night during our class.

A few of my favorite LJ quotes so far:
  • I'll sleep on the couch if I have to.
  • I love being here.
  • My favorite worship song is "endless hallelujah"
  • Can I be homeschooled?
  • Ramen noodles are pretty much my favorite food.
If Ramen noodles are pretty much your favorite food, you're going to fit in just fine, kid. (and you don't have to sleep on the couch!!)

Seriously.  I want to share pictures.  I don't know how to do that smudge out faces thing...and I don't like the sound of that (though I've never minded seeing it when friends share their foster child pictures).  

We've been getting LJ and his stuff settled (it was beautiful that he came with stuff - in my mind what happens in the movies was going to happen - he'd show up in the middle of the night with nothing but the clothes on his back.  I wonder how often that actually happens.  Just another reminder that everything in the movies isn't always true. ;))  AND LJ has been generous and willing to share his things which is exciting for the Cash Kids - they've gotten to play with new-to-them nerf guns and "healies" (those wheels you can attach to your shoes) and at this moment Eli and LJ are working on a Lego set that he brought.  (that's the way to Eli's heart!)

In other news (and as a reward for making it to the end of this post), we've had another tiny addition to our family....for the past week we've been loving on a little girl named Zoe while some of her adoption knots get worked out. She was born just over a week ago and has been a beautiful, peaceful, amazing addition to our world.  It's a privilege and an honor to get to invest in her... 

Surely (surely) there will be more to come!