04 January 2018

wind CHILL factor.

Feeling the need to record this - mainly because I have a label called "learn something new everyday"...

I learned something new.

It's WIND CHILL FACTOR.
Wind-chill or windchill, is the perceived decrease in air temperature felt by the body on exposed skin due to the flow of air. Wind chill numbers are always lower than the air temperature for values where the formula is valid
For my entire existence I have thought it was "Wind Shield Factor."  Not entirely sure why - something about being cold and needing to shield yourself from the wind and cold - ...but wind shield is sure what I thought, that's what I said, that's what was in my mind.  Until the other day.

Wind Chill Factor makes so much more sense than Wind Shield Factor.


Makes me wonder what else I have wrong in my mind.  (though most anything has to be better than thinking "hide it under a bushel, NO!" was actually "hide it under a bush, hell no!" as a kid in Sunday School.)

That is all.