26 August 2015

sites/signs/scenes from my morning walks/runs in durban

one of the highlights of my summer (winter) in Durban was getting to go run/walk most every morning (i walked more than i would've liked because of the massive hills)...  i finally remembered to take my camera one morning and was able to capture a few of my favorite sites/signs/scenes that i passed...


a "locks of love" kind of fence


by "hoot" they mean "honk" (as in don't honk the horn at the gate)

this was the sign for a fun little alleyway cut through from one of the main roads to another...it sort of felt like a secret passageway....
the view from where "Morningside" (the area of town where we were staying) gets its name

surprising view of Jameson Park
i am pretty much absolutely certain that my time of solitude and worship and quiet during my walks/runs was one of my most favorite parts of our time in durban....and it played a really significant part in helping me make the most of and enjoy this particular season...what a gift from God...