07 August 2015

everybody needs a friend like molly

here's a mashed potato poem  (bits and pieces all smashed together)(i just made that up), in honor & celebration of my amazing friend, molly.    


Everybody needs a friend like molly.
Caring. Kind. Real. Raw.

Everybody needs a friend like molly.
Passionate. Thoughtful. Committed. True. 

Quick to offer a word of encouragement, Truth and prayers.
Quick to offer most anything.

Dedicated – wholeheartedly dedicated - to the ones she loves…
Tirelessly? No. (mamas are often tired) 
Inexahaustibly? Yes. (always giving, always loving, always serving)

Always giving, always loving, always serving.

Today, more than ever, I celebrate my friend molly.
She's on the other side of the world – that part I dislike.

But the part I love?  We’re forever connected and side by side….no matter the continents and oceans that are between us.

I miss the waves (& dance parties) through the windows.
I miss the magical gate that connected our lives.
I miss the shared coffee…and shared parenting…the daily sharing of hearts and lives.

Oh, how I miss my friend molly….

She’s my friend…and my life is forever better.

Everybody needs a friend like molly.

happiest of birthdays, dear one.