26 October 2010

response

just been thinking about how to handle the moments when i feel like i'm at the worst as a mom...when i'm at the end of my patience...at the end of the little bit of grace i feel like i have to give....when it feels like nothing i'm doing is working as far as training my kids...just tired...cranky...bothered.

the songs that played on the ipod during my figure 8 around lakebottom last night were from Him, i'm sure of it. "i run... i crawl....it doesn't matter how i get there....only that i would be here at all." "when everything falls apart You hold me together" "morning by morning new mercies i see...all i have needed you have provided."

notes from sunday morning -- strength will rise when we wait upon the Lord. He does not grow weak or weary....He tells us to come to Him when we do grow tired and weary. "Come to me....I will give you rest." He gently leads those that have young. His grace is sufficient. He KNOWS what He's getting us into by giving us children. He is the answer. running to Him in those moments IS the answer...nothing else matters.

come, Lord Jesus, come. i invite you into every part of my life. i invite you into the moments when i'm doing alright (the reality is you're already there...that's the only reason i'm doing alright!)...and i invite you into the moments where i am most unlike you (may i KNOW your presence more and more in those moments!!). i invite you into my frustration....consume it. i invite you into my tiredness...refresh me. i invite you into my decisions...may they honor you. i invite you into my mind...may every thought be obedient to you. may i know your nearness...