04 August 2022

giving thanks...trying to live out God's plan for me

  • "...for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs." - George Eliot
  • knowing so many who are faithfully living a hidden life - seeking the Lord and serving the best they can 
  • breathe on me breath of God (and the whole idea that it's His breath in my lungs that enables me to live/praise/worship/be)
  • yaya's (and grandaddy's!) help with getting girls where they need to be...and keeping Zoe so that I can hang out with friends 
  • "in the midst of everything be always giving thanks, for this is God's perfect plan for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes 5:18
  • lexi saved the day when I realized I didn't have the right vehicle for transporting all the folks
  • riding Emma's bike to put mail in the mailbox....feels like freedom
  • celebrating that Emma can chew/bite again (those braces have done a number on her!)
  • J&L can be away from CityScape and everything still ran beautifully...mark of excellent leadership.
  • a hint of coolness in the air (oh so rare for august)
  • CS Students SR High leadership retreat....especially hearing how they commissioned the seniors
  • Eli's cutting of the lawn (and his enjoyment of it!)
  • "book club" with Katie, Meghan and Molly
  • eating at Clean Eatz in Old Town and feeling like I'm in a movie (AND I liked clean eatz!!!)
  • surgeries that go well 
  • worshipping through weeding

  • getting to be a tiny tiny part of what the Lord is doing in/at/through TruthSpring
  • how God assembles the right people for the tasks...
  • it was just a trashcan
  • 2 weeks and a day until nick's graduation